Wednesday, July 21, 2010

That's right. Everything has a beginning, and everything has an end. Let's just hope this is the beginning and not the end, right?

The subject for today’s musing is my thoughts on what true friendship is.

The true measure of a friend, I believe, is whether they will be there for you when you need them; and if they will stand by your side and defend you when you need them the most. When you are being cast out by unfair judgment, bias, and ridicule, a friend should present a defense on your side in their utmost, honest opinion of you, without prejudice. Cower not before the discriminating gaze of authority. Fall to your knees not in fear of punishment that may be to come if you speak your mind in defense of a friend. If you truly care for and about your friend, do not remain in silence; lend a helping hand, or voice, to the banter befalling them. Show them that you care and that you value them by doing what is right.

I truly do believe that this is a value often undermined in this day and age. Too few a people let one another know that they honestly do love their existence. I find it very sad and discomforting. Sometimes, a single word, no matter how meaningless it may seem, can mean so very much. “I love you,” or,” you are important to me,” or, “I trust you and value our friendship; you are a wonderful person”. One word, even if a person is extremely self-loathing, has no sense of self, and just hates their being, can mean the world. We like compliments, even if we do not like ourselves. Yet, people have become so callous in their speech and in relationships. I think feelings should be expressed lest the person leave this world before we get the chance to do so.

In other events, I was scared out of my wits today. I really thought that someone as close to my heart as a person can get was going to fall victim to Death’s restless hand. It was frightening, but it turned out to be helpable. I am not crossing my fingers, though. Things always tend to come back and bite me in the rear end when I think that they are all right.

Ah well.

Some good news, for once, is that work is finally coming along at a more efficient pace. Hahaha, but I am not crossing fingers on that one, either. Well, at least something was done in the last week.

AOBD, signing off~

No comments:

Post a Comment